Thursday, May 20, 2010

5 Months

My little buddy is 5 months old today!
To celebrate he ate a giant piece of chocolate cake.
OK, I lie. It was actually a giant helping of stage 1 {read: liquid} pears.
He was very pleased.
The other day I was looking at pictures of JW as an infant. I wanted to cuddle with him again as a wee newborn. I could smell the baby lotion through the picture, like a scratch and sniff sticker. For a second I had forgotten how HARD those first weeks were when I was wishing he was not an infant, but a frisky 4 yr old.
Now I try to savor EVERY moment because this kid is in the growing-up-too-fast lane.
I love him.






8 comments:

Becca and Billy said...

He is so stinkin cute! You are kidding about the first weeks being hard. I am hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

TomKat said...

Oh my gosh, he is getting so big! I haven't seen him in a month. Good thing he will be spending some much needed Auntie Kate time on Sunday.

Sarah said...

He is SOOOOOOOOOOO Adorable!! Wanna reach in the screen and touch those cheeks!

Rachel said...

His chubbiness is killing me. Oh JW Auntie loves you so much and can't wait to see you in a month or so!!! Delicious.

Lisa said...

He's really coming into his own isn't he. He doesn't look like an infant anymore, but a "big" boy baby! I can't believe it's been five months already and I haven't even met the little guy! Is it really going to be at the Roos Christmas party for that to happen?

Corinne said...

He is a beautiful baby boy! I love your posts about him...he is a lucky boy to have you as a momma!

Nay said...

oh-h-h-h-h I love this kid! How lucky I am to spend my days with him! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Emily said...

SO handsome Becky! His cheeks are my fav!

I remember when my first baby was born. Each night I checked his crib nearly a hundred times before I laid my own head down to sleep. Amazed at how beautiful he was. Honored that God had just entrusted me with one of his choicest children. Now, he will turn six in a couple of weeks. I still peek in on him while he sleeps. (Though just not 100 times!) I'm still amazed. Still honored. The love doesn't diminish even with 4 kids. I think it abounds.

You are such a wonderful mother! I love reading about the love you have for your son.

Hugs from Missouri!