Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Canoeing

As my niece Noelle was planning her visit to Utah, she called Papa Bear and requested that he take her canoeing. I am not sure where she got the idea, but Papa Bear, being the accommodating grandpa that he is, went out of his way to make sure Noelle got her wish.



So he planned a little excursion. I don't know what I was expecting, but when I saw this, I wondered, is this safe? Is this legal? Maybe we should just go to Liberty Park and rent a paddle boat.... We launched the canoe with the babies sitting in the middle. We gave them strict instructions, "DO NOT MOVE." Canoes are not the most stable water craft, in case you were wondering.


Whoaa. Steady....steady...steady...

DO NOT MOVE.


JW thought I was a real jerk for not letting him play in the lake. Hey, you never know what might be floating in there---dead bodies much? Despite the murky waters, I think we all had a good time. Thanks, Papa Bear, for taking us out in the canoe!



No comments: