Friday, November 30, 2007

Getting to Know Mrs. G at Christmas Time


Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. My Mom sent this to me and instead of forwarding to everyone I know, I will just post it here for the world to see! Feel free to take this and pass it on.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? The gift wrap is part of the presentation. I prefer wrapping paper (and it all has to coordinate), but a gift bag well presented works too, for a neighbor or something.

2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Fake trees are great if they look real, but my fake tree cost me a whopping $40 dollars 8 years ago, so you can only imagine what it looks like. I've been lobbying for a real tree this year just to mix things up a bit, but Mr. G seems to think the house is going to burn down.

3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December. This "after Halloween" decorating phenom is crazy.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day. And I love a clean house!

5. Do you like eggnog? Never been a fan. One year I made eggnog ice cream with my friend Jenny Nelson. We were about 10 years old. I didn't really know what eggnog was then, I only knew that it supposedly taste good, plus it was the middle of the summer, so the thought of ice cream made my mouth water. I didn't know it at the time, but it really tasted like eggnog, just frozen. I've never liked eggnog since.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The cabbage patch doll my Mom made for me and it was dressed in my baby clothes. I still have it.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! My mother-in-law gave it to me as gift last Christmas. I love it and can't wait to make it the center of attention!

8. Hardest person to buy for? Dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? Mr. G (although he generally just buys for himself. Punk)

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? I don't recall ever getting anything terrible. If I did, I've repressed it from my memory.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail is way more fun.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Scrooge, with Albert Finney or the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas cartoon.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Late November, early December

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I recall.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge fudge fudge. I could eat it all day.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights on the tree, but I really want to put colored lights (red, green and white) on the house. There are a couple houses in the neighborhood with these lights and I LOVE it! I've been lobbying for lights. I have not won my case yet.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Star Carol, 4 part harmony, a'capella

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I either want to be home or with Mr. G's parents, but probably not on vacation in Mexico.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have Obi-Wan Kenobi (really just a vintage Santa tree-topper that when Mr. G first saw asked why I had Obi-Wan on top of the tree) or a star, depending on my mood that year.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas eve, usually pajamas, and let the real fun begin Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds everywhere you turn, and parking is horrendous. Shop online.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Giving

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow you're so honest. I think I could have even written those for you.