Saturday, December 8, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

For the last week, the weatherman has been predicting an impressive snow storm starting Friday night and lasting through Sunday morning. So many times before, the weatherman gets a little too excited about his storms, and we end up lucky to get rain. Well, this time he got it right. This is what I woke up to this morning. The prictures don't do it justice. I looked out side to this Winter Wonderland, the Marshmallow World, the Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow! So far (and it's only 8:00 AM) we've received about 8 inches of snow! And it's not over. As you can see, it is still snowing!

And while I was in take-a-picture-of-this-beautiful-sight mode, I headed for the backyard to capture it's beauty. Lo and behold, I spy a racoon nestled in the corner of the house! He was starring at me initially, both of us at each other, like deer in the headlights. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then he put his head down, as if to keep his nose warm. I continued to spy on him from inside the house. At some point he lifted his head again and realized I was stalking him and scurried off to a more private location. It's hard to tell from this picture, but he's a big boy. I bet he weighs 30 lbs (is that big for a racoon?).
My cute little next-door neighbor, Ethan, was taking full advantage of the storm. He pulled out his sled and used his steep driveway as his sledding hill.
What I didn't capture in this picture was how Ethan's sled came to an abrupt stop and he rolled about four times down the driveway. That didn't stop him though. He did it again.

No comments: