Monday, April 6, 2009

I Spy

I was just catching up on my evening Internet browsing when I looked over my shoulder and saw this:

Apparently my sewing area exploded. Here are a few things amongst the disaster. Can you spot them?

1. basket full of fabric scraps and a bonus paper bag full of additional fabric scraps that I have good intentions of using for something yet to be imagined because I just can't throw any of it away.
2. blanket give-away neatly wrapped waiting to be delivered to the lucky winner
3. new set blanket set made with the most delicious "Al Fresco" by Michele D'Amore fabric with an edge of Egyptian thread, almost finished and ready to be posted on By-Low Baby
4. bunny-soft purple fleece fabric waiting to be made into a blanket just like the one in the give-away
5. sewing machine yet to be unpacked from it's recent trip to the cabin (I never leave home without it)
6. box of pins which I've had since 6th grade. The little white ball tips are all starting to come off leaving 70% of the pins useless
7. machine peddle, which I probably removed from the machine cover pocket so I could dig out my the safety pins I needed to pin on my race number for the 10 miler I ran on Saturday, in a snow storm.
8. rotary blade sharp enough to take off a finger
9. plastic bags to ship blanket orders
10. paper cutter to slice blanket tags for blanket orders
11. a Llardo calendar, still on January, that G gave me for Christmas. It was free with the one Llardo wise man I got from Santa.
12. the "dream board" I made one day at work in our Yes I Can committee
13. a self-healing cutting mat that has been cut into so many times it is nearly beyond the stages of self-healing
14. A grid ruler essential to any seamstress' repertoire
15. a bag full of Royale Classic Crochet Thread in every color this side of Easter
16. The Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics book, which seems to be written in a language I have yet to understand (I think it has something to do with knitting or something?)
17. Multiple piles of fabrics and scraps strewn about (this is a gimme)
18. G's poker chip organizer
This is what my life looks like, my friends. I didn't even have to try.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow that picture makes me feel so much better about my office space, only our office is twice as big and has twice the mess, well not today, Boo cleaned it for my birthday. :)

Trieste said...

I love this...what a fun way to describe the mess...I think I'll use that idea with my house/play room especially!

Slade said...

This is an interesting photograph. The other photo teacher at Waterford and I were talking today about a project very similar to this. His idea is that he wants to photograph where people live in it's 'natural state', but without the people. Have it look natural and lived-in, but w/out the people. This image would fit in his project.

I wonder if the people who won the blanket know it's wrapped so nicely. You'd think they'd arrange to come get it from you!

:)

Lisa said...

Are you interested in doing a boutique? Let me know if you are.

jenn neslen said...

this is why i love you. you are such a real person. you are able to laugh at yourself and not take life too seriously. i was doing dishes tonight and thinking about how much i admire the person you are. i wanna be just like you when i grow up. so glad i get to follow you through your blog. i am a devoted fan. love you!