Tuesday, September 15, 2009

24 Weeks Will Do This to You

A girl who is 24 weeks pregnant... gets home from work to put her feet up. They are puffy from a long day...


of walking around in these:


UPDATE from previous post: I called Dr. L's office after a very long 24 hours of hysteria (which resulted in puffy eyes and a cold sore) and asked a series of questions related to my abnormal ultrasound results. It didn't help that Nurse Sid, right off the bat, says to me, "It's just a velementous cord insertion" as if there was nothing dangerous or delicate about the situation since this happens every day (all 1% of pregnancies, thank you). She assured me I have NOTHING to worry about. Dr. L (who is a well respected, high-risk pregnancy OB/GYN) has dealt with VCI many, many times. I am in good hands. My baby is healthy and I don't have any of the other potential coexisting conditions that can make the VCI that much more critical and dangerous to JW. I asked her if I could elect to have a C-section. The answer, "Not unless it's necessary." Lame. While Nurse Sid put my mind at ease, I am going to take my list of questions to my next appointment and get the same answers from Dr. L. For now, I will need to stop worrying about it and deal with this nasty cold sore.
Thank you all of you who sent your thoughts and prayers our way, either directly or in your heart. This news was tremendously difficult for me and it was comforting to feel supported. G and I are ok and JW is ok and can't wait to meet the little bugger.

4 comments:

Trieste said...

I hope things go well for you...I've been thinking about you and hoping all is going to be okay for you. I went in for an u/s today because of some spotting and found out my placenta is laying low over my cervix...hopefully it will be okay in time...I just know it is so hard to have something happen that isn't the "norm" and to worry about it. It makes things so much more difficult...I'll be praying for you and I hope you'll pray for us too!

Becca and Billy said...

Cute little tummy :)

Nay said...

Looks like you're going to have to switch to "sensible" shoes.

Louise Plummer said...

The best thing after having a baby is to look at your ankles and legs and see how thin they look.

Cold sores must run in the family.