Monday, October 5, 2009

Friend or Faux?

I was flipping through the JCrew catalogue, which I love {never mind that I think the models are too skinny and that I actually emailed JCrew once and told them so}. I came across this fun fall outfit. Isn't this jacket yummy? I love the color. Or maybe it's the green cashmere hoodie she's layered underneath. Alas, Big Mamas House (me, 27 weeks prego) can not fit into such cuteness at the moment. You know what I really love, though? THE BAG!! I could buy that today, prego mama and all, and I wouldn't have to worry about the fit. That bag fits, no matter what. Wowza, did you notice that price tag?! I don't think I've ever spent that much on an entire outfit, let alone a single accessory. I went to Target this weekend, looking for nothing in particular when lo and behold I found a similar bag for about $275 less than the especially cute one above. So what if I settled for cheap faux leather, I feel darn fun and it fits too!

5 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

Love both bags. I think you did very well. LOVE that yellow jacket, and I especially loved that fortune you received at Pei Wei, because often fortunes are lame. They're not fortunes at all: You have a warm smile.

Tell me something I don't already know.

But your fortune is specific and intriguing. It's one to save.

ML said...

I love JCrew too. Can't afford it, but love to look. Love the faux leather bag! It's equally as cute. And when you get tired of it, you don't have to feel bad about ditching it and buying a new one. Pregnancy definitely puts a damper on my shopping habits, which is probably a good thing. I splurged on an Anthropologie purse for my birthday since I can't fit into any of those cute fall coats either. It's not quite as fun to buy clothes when I know that no matter how much money I spend on the pants I will constantly have to be hitching them up, or the shirts just get shorter and shorter as my belly gets bigger and bigger. Can't wait to buy clothes for my non-pregnant self, though next spring. :)

Gold-E said...

Louise - I loved your post on Apron Stage. My dark fortune: Enjoy that cute pregnant belly because tomorrow it will be riddled with big purple stretch marks.

ML - hitching up the pants - now that's a feature of pregnancy every new expecting mother needs to know. I even asked Vic if he had suspenders I could borrow. Let's shop together next spring!

ML said...

Yes! We should definitely go shopping in the spring. I'm going to have to put myself on the rapid weight loss plan so that I have a semi-normal body again by summer.

ML said...

By the way, my mom did wear suspenders under her shirts sometimes when she was pregnant because she was so desperate to find something that worked. I'm trying to wear normal pants and leave them unbuttoned this time around. I even went and bought some jeans in a slightly bigger size at Forever 21 today. I figure for $15.00, who cares if I can't wear them after I'm pregnant. They work for now.