Saturday, January 2, 2010

Domestic Tranquility


This morning I woke up to the sound of a whimpering baby - not across the hall in his crib, but nearby, as in, next to me in my bed. In my sleepy mind I thought wait, I just fed you, you should still be sleeping...I opened one eye and there was G snuggling with JW. I asked him if the baby was being fussy. G said no, he {G} just wanted to snuggle. New dad syndrome - just wants to love on the little one so much he'll pull him out of his slumber to do so. So sweet and so easy to do when you've had a full night's sleep.

Grandpa G, while staying with us this past week, said, "The key to domestic tranquility is to let sleeping babies lie."
Amen.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

He's so darling. What a perfect little guy. Congratulations!!

ML said...

Congratulations! He's adorable. Did I mention how jealous I am that you're done with the whole pregnancy/labor/delivery ordeal?? I am so incredibly uncomfortable right now that I don't know how I can bear another month of this. I really need this little twerp to come out early! Although I'm not envying how exhausted you must be right now. I dread that part.

jennifer said...

yeah, one of grandpa's most frequent quips. funny, but true.
the resemblance with dad & the Dopey hat is WAY too funny. thanks for the laugh!
keep getting that sleep while you can .

Lisa said...

He is absolutely beautiful! Way to go momma.