Monday, September 20, 2010

9 Months

Hey Shorty, it's your birthday! We're gon' party like it's your birthday! You're such a lucky boy. Know why? Because you get to share your 9 month birthday with your dad's birthday {HAPPY BIRTHDAY G!}. Every month I say how much you suprise me with your tricks because you are always coming up with something new. You are officially on the move and you are entirely capable of following me around the house without my assistance. I never know when you are going to peek around the corner. As if that's not enough you have now taken to standing on your own. You pull yourself up to whatever surface you can get a grip on. This too has it's pros and cons. You are totally awesome at pulling up, but you still need a little practice getting down. On a few occassions I've had to rescue from your crib because you stand up, angry that you have to go to bed, but you get stuck standing there. Eventually I have to rescue you from yourself.
You are almost an expert with the pincer grip too. This has taken an immense amount of practice and you were often so frustrated while trying to eat a Puff because you'd lose it just before it got to your mouth. But as with most things in your life, you are persistent and you keep trying until you get what you want.

Speaking of persistence...as part of your bedtime routine I love to read you a couple of books - classics, like Goodnight Moon and The Bear Snores On. You have a favorite too, which I was a little slow to pick up on. Tonight you were being so crazy while I tried to read you a new book that I had never read to you before. You were so squirmy and kept reaching for the pile of books on the side table. Finally, I picked up That's Not My Dragon and you sat right down, ready to listen. That's the one you wanted. I read it at least 16 times and you never bored of it. Is it even possible for you to have a favorite book at 9 months? I think so.


You hit me pretty hard this month. Not hit, like smack hit, but I was overcome with YOU hit. I am your mother. YOUR MOTHER. You have no idea what a huge responsibility this is. I have so much to teach you and you me. Right now I can't help but soak in every moment of YOU.

5 comments:

the lawrence's said...

This is adorable. I miss him. I didn't even know he was crawling.

Gold-E said...

Em, anytime you need a JW fix you just let me know. I'm sure he'd be happy to play at your house for a few... :)

Nay said...

You have a way with words. Hope he knows what a lucky little kid he is to have you for a mamma.

TomKat said...

After JW & my last encounter...I think he needs some Auntie Kate time. I'll be sure to have my hair up.

H... said...

Beautiful pics and post!