Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Rewind

This year was a Halloween first for The Dubster and me...my first Halloween as the mom and his first Halloween as the kid. I was pretty excited about getting in costume. JW thought it was all pretty overrated.

His preschool had a parade with all of the kids in costume. JW in typical fashion wasn't thrilled either way about the whole parade thing, or the costume for that matter. He did get shotgun on what I like to call the "Infant bus."

Do you see the enthusiasm in this kid's face? Yeah, me neither.

He kept looking at me like he was being tortured.


"Are we having fun yet?"


Lucky for JW the preschool planned a fire drill during the parade. However, the school failed to let the fire dept. know it was only a drill, so a slew of fire engines showed up to put out a faux fire. Dubs LOVES the fire truck.


Later that afternoon I took JW to my office Halloween party. I stayed up almost all night making my princess dress to match my li'l dragon. It took me three days to catch up on that lost sleep. Talk about overrated. What was I thinking?! I tried to get G to be our Knight in Shining Armor, but he'd rather die than dress up for Halloween. He'd make a good Stick in the Mud.

3 comments:

Nay said...

The first Halloween is the best! You both looked fantastic!

Corinne said...

I think both of you look fantastic!! I love that you are so crafty and so creative.

ML said...

Love the costumes! You guys look so cute! The knight in shining armor thing would have been perfect. My husband is a huge stick in the mud about Halloween too. It's annoying sometimes.

He wouldn't even go to the Haunted Village with me and Alexander. According to him, he doesn't like celebrating evil, violence, etc. Yet after we came home from our celebration of evil at the Haunted Village I watched 3 people die from fatal gunshot wounds in 5 minutes on the TV show he was watching. Remind me again what you don't like celebrating??