Saturday, November 5, 2011

Good morning, Winter. 
The first real snow storm of the year is always a merry event for me, in theory.  I always picture myself lounging around in my pajamas, sipping hot chocolate, watching movies all day.  Then reality hits - read: I have a two year old.  Forget about lounging around watching movies all day.  If I'm watching anything it's sound bites of Thomas and Friends, Super Why and The Cat in the Hat (sound bites = JW knows he can watch his favs through Netflix.  Five minutes into each show he decides he wants to watch something else.  It makes me totally mental.).  And lounging?  Come on, now.

JW was pretty excited about the snow.  He wanted to play outside all day.  I told him once he was dressed we could go outside.  Getting dressed was easy enough for JW, except he decided he was going to take a fashion note from Papa Bear and wear his sandals with his socks.  I refused to let him play in the snow in his sandals and he refused to take them off.  We made a trip to Payless and bought JW a pair of snow boots.  I thought he'd think they were cool until he refused to put those on as well.  This might be a long winter.

2 comments:

aunt jenn said...

let him try w/ the sandals and that problem will fix itself. even better with cotton socks. take a picture of it for us (him crying about it later LOL).

Louise Plummer said...

Wow, that's serious snow. We didn't get nearly that much. I'm waiting for the second Indian Summer to appear.