Sunday, November 13, 2011


Grandma, 1930

Grandpa, 1956
My cousin is in the process of scanning a box of old photos from my mother's side of the family.  He sends an email or two every week of each scanned treasure.  Here are two of my favorites so far, capturing my Grandparents {my mom's parents} in their youthfulness.  At first I thought this was Grandma sneaking out on the rocks to watch Grandpa fish.  How sweet.  Then I noticed there was a 26 year difference in the photo timeline.  I never knew either of them in this life, but I imagine they were wonderful people.


2 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

I love the checks on that suit she's wearing. The 30's were the absolute supreme time for clothes!

Gold-E said...

Isn't she fabulous? Now, if I only knew the story behind why she was so gussied up out, wandering through rocks and wilderness...?