Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!


This is the post where I'm supposed to reflect on the last year, how awesome I was, my kids, my husband, my job, life, and make big plans for the year to come.  In all honesty, I can't elicit the brain power to think about it.  I have lazy brain.  Actually, I think all the junk I've eaten in the last three weeks has made me dumber.  Tomorrow I'm back to the food pyramid guidelines (this is not a New Year's Resolution). 

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions.  I prefer to make smaller goals more frequently with a higher probability of accomplishment.  I suppose you could still call them New Year's Resolutions, but for me it's more of a to-do list that changes periodically.  For example, at the top of my list I need to sign up for the half marathon in April.  You're probably thinking a half marathon is a pretty big to-do.  Not really.  I've run several.  I just need to sign up for the race.  Signing up may sound so simple, but I'm a procrastinator so what is seemingly simple becomes a big deal after I've put it off for so long.  I read about a photo-a-day blog challenge.  I am seriously considering it.  I was given a pretty nice camera recently and this might be a good way to learn how to use it, except that I think the challenge was supposed to start today.  Never mind that the 30 day blog challenge I did a few months ago took every ounce of energy I could muster, especially for a girl whose life is like Ground Hog Day

Good luck to you in the new year.  May all your resolution dreams come true.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yes, forcing ones self to write on the blog daily can be painful. Then you add writing late at night when your brain has shut down and then you have blog suicide. I might write the twelfth day of Christmas one of these times. Good luck on those goals. I think you're pretty wonderful! Happy 2012. Add visiting me more often to your list and also going to the Southern Living Fair.