Friday, December 19, 2008

Frosty

Tonight I was hemstitching fleece blankets for the local fabric store. My hemstitch machine resides in my unfinished basement next to the outside air vent. It's the only place in the basement with an electrical outlet and the temperature down there these days is, oh, 40 degrees, if I'm lucky. Every time I work on the hemstitch machine I emerge from the basement in a near hypothermic state. So tonight I got smart and bundled up to do my work. For the first time ever I emerged from the cold cement depths a warm gal. G captured the moment.

5 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Aw, warm and cute! I bundle up to go to my finished basement, so I can't imagine being down there in the igloo.

Slade said...

That's pretty funny. My studio is in my basement...and yup...it's unfinished too. Mine's not quite 40 degrees, but I do have to dress like I'm going skiing if I want to do any work down there. Very nice hat!

5ofus said...

You truly fit the definition of slave labor!

Gold-E said...

You have no idea - it is slave labor!

ML said...

Wow, that's what I call dedication!