Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Doting Auntie

I was just reminiscing for a moment about what a fun time I had with my neice, Noelle, when she came to town last weekend. She is growing up so fast and is quite the little charmer.

On Friday night we had a sleep over at my house. We woke up early Saturday morning to run in the Race for the Cure. I borrowed a friends jogging stroller to run the race. When Noelle first saw it, she wanted to jump in and immediately go for a ride. I think she was remembering my visits to Boston when I'd take her running in her jogging stroller. I had to practically bribe her to get out.

On Saturday she came over for a family BBQ. We sang songs together, played with the trains, she talked on her pretend phone (can't wait 'til she's a teenager), and did somersaults off my bed with her cousins while singing "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" (Rachel thought it was cute. I was worried they were going to break their necks).

Sunday we spent the morning on Temple Square. Grandma Kathy gave her a pretty new dress, her "poofy dress" (or as Noelle calls it, her poopy dress. She doesn't do so well with her 'f''s yet). The spring flowers were in full bloom, so we took some fun pictures in the gardens. She was quite a pill though, as this expression says it all.

Monday we had dinner with Grandpa Ted and the family. We made a trip to the bead store to make some jewelery, and Noelle had to be part of the action. We gave her some wire and beads and she went right to work. We were all so amazed that she was able to string those beads! She put on another performance from her repertoire of songs for endless entertainment.

Thanks for coming to visit! Auntie really adores you, Jelly Bean.

4 comments:

ML said...

I posted a comment, and then I think it never showed up. If it comes up twice, oh well. Here it is again: Beautiful pictures! I like the pout in the "poopy dress". You sound like such a fun Auntie. Maybe it is time to have one of your own. :)

Aquamama said...

Ohhh, she is soooo cute! Enjoy her like this while you can!

lulu said...

So if she calls you Auntie, what does she call her other aunts?

Rachel said...

She just calls them by their first names. She knows who will spoil her the most though. Don't even be tricked into thinking that when mom says no, she'll just ask Auntie. She also has pretend phone conversations with Auntie.