Friday, October 10, 2008

A River Runs Through It

Something within fishermen tries to make fishing into a world perfect and apart - I don't know what it is or where, because sometimes it is in my arms and sometimes in my throat and sometimes nowhere in particular except somewhere deep. Many of us probably would be better fishermen if we did not spend so much time watching and waiting for the world to become perfect. ~Norman Maclean
For G's birthday I got him (us) a fly fishing lesson. We spent the better part of the day learning to cast, getting our lines caught on rocks, wading through high waters, catching, releasing, and losing fish. Although it was a cold and rainy day, the world couldn't have been more perfect.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

I want to go fishing with you guys.

Gold-E said...

Ok - that would be good times. Only problem is, we don't have any fishing gear yet.

Daniel said...

I have lots of rods & Reels...just not fly rods and reels.