Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tutorial on Creating a Witching Wreath

Since you asked, I am going to give you a little tutorial on how to make the black feathered wreath.
To begin you will need the following supplies:
One 16" wreath - I used a grapvine wreath.
One 6ft black feather boa
Two yards of thread or wire of some sort to tie the boa to the wreath. I used crochet thread :)
I bought my supplies at Michaels.
Lay the boa around the wreath to get an idea of how it will fit. It should wrap around twice.Once you get an idea of how it will fit, tie your thread or wire to the back of the wreath. You will wrap the thread around the wreath and the boa to hold the boa on the wreath. Continuing wrapping the thread around the wreath and the boa until you have covered the wreath with the feathers.



This picture is me wrapping the boa around the second time. Hard to tell what I'm doing. Sorry.

When the boa has been secured on the wreath, tie a knot in the thread in the back of the wreath.

Your work is done! You may need to make some adjustments, do a little fluffing, etc. to make sure you can not see any of the wreath and to ensure the feathers aren't smushed. Hang on your favorite door or wall and Happy Halloween!

Let me know if you have any questions. I now have an extra wreath. Who wants it??

4 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

I do! I do!

Lisa said...

Did you miss my last comment?
"Make me one!" You did without even knowing!

lulu said...

I just came out of JoAnns with 4 lovely 50% off coupons so I could make one. I thought you just wrapped the boa around the wreath a few times...not so. Thanks for the clear directions. I'll post a picture of mine when I've finished. Yippee Skippee! Oooh! I think my neighbor might get jealous.

Gold-E said...

You could definitely just wrap the boa around the wreath. That would probably be easier, actually. Might need more than one boa, but good idea!