Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our New President


I have a secret crush on our new President, Barack Obama. He intrigues me. I love to listen to him speak. He is so eloquent and honest. I feel like he is genuinely speaking to me. I was just watching him dance with the First Lady. They are so romantic, even after what must be the longest day of their lives! I look forward to the years ahead. I think Obama will be a fabulous leader. He is a man of action. Our nation is in a pretty frumpy state right now, but the enthusiam of our country is overwhelming. It is refreshing. I hope it lasts.

3 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

I think the romance factor with this new "first couple" is worth a lot. I love watching them. I love the whole family.

5ofus said...

I too love this man & all of the history that has come to our country. With Nate working in security for 8 years & he has worked for the past year behind then scenes dealing wih threats & survalince I worry daily about his life. If someone wants to do it there is always a way. I pray for his life & those of his families. Please let history keep being made

jenn neslen said...

i love the relationship they portray to the world. i love the devotion they show to one another. unfortunately, i am so disenchanted with politicians in general, i have to say that i hesitate a smidge that their affections could be completely authentic. if i shake off my armor, i love to believe it is genuine. i really hope so. we could use the good example in the world.