Thursday, January 29, 2009

Juno

I just watched the movie Juno for the 100 millionth time tonight. HBO seems to be airing it a couple times a week these days. This movie gets me everytime. Juno is very funny with her immature one-liners and Bleeker is just a lanky, awkward athlete with tangy breath. I can't help laughing during this movie, even though the subject matter is rather serious {I'm not so sure the movie exactly portrays the real challenges of teenage pregnancy}. In the end, what literally brings me to tears is when Vanessa is in the hospital and the nurse comes out and says, "Would you like to meet your son?" I don't have any children of my own, but I think my maternal instincts kick in and I start to imagine what that must be like, even as an adoptive parent, to hold a baby, your baby, for the first time. What a miracle.

4 comments:

Trieste said...

I love this movie too! Juno is so quirky...I just love her! This was a great show and I think I need to rent it again!

Elizabeth R said...

I love that movie too. And don't worry, that feeling will soon be yours too! You will make a great mom when the day comes!

ML said...

I love that movie. There are so many funny lines.

TomKat said...

Juno is definitely one of my favorites!