Sunday, January 11, 2009

Word Search

I just finished this cute little blanket to put on my Etsy site. The blue fabric is Michael Miller's Word Search fabric and the back is a coordinating brown & blue polk-a-dot flannel.
The ABCs are the same flannel fabric that I've sewn on and quilted around. As the blanket is washed, the edges around the letters will fray slightly to give the letters a little texture.

The blanket is quilted with the entire alphabet and bound with a silky ribbon. Who wouldn't want to cuddle with their little one with this cute blanket? Plus it's educational!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I was impressed enough with the cute blanket-- but quilted with the entire alphabet??? Wow. I'm speechless- how did you make that work?? I love it.

Jody Knapp said...

That is amazing!! So pretty. WOW!

jenn neslen said...

i am so happy i finally figured out how to leave messages on blogs. (i am a computer idiot!!!) i read yours all the time and can never tell you how amazing you are! this is the most fantastic blanket, aside from the one that my luke received 6 years ago with points around the edge. that one really rocked. oh, wait. you made that one too. you thrill me! love you.

Trieste said...

I love your blanket! I might have to get one when I have another baby! Love it! I'm glad there are people in the world, like you, that are talented at sewing...I, most definitely, am not!!!

Megan said...

That is the cutest blanket I have ever seen. I can't believe you quilted the alphabet on the blanket. When I need a baby blanket, I know where to go.

TomKat said...

Wow sissy, if I had a baby (which I'm sorry but it will not happen for a while) I would defintely be buying this from you. It is so cute!