Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Say AH...now spit!


I had the joy of visiting the dentist today. I go every six months, as I believe in good dental hygiene, but I have to say, visiting the dentist is right up there as one of my least favorite things to do in life. I think the dental hygienist could sense my discomfort, even though I was trying so hard to be brave. I told her her "types" were one-of-a-kind to do the job of cleaning people's mouths. I can honestly say if that were the last job on earth, I wouldn't do it.

Usually I leave the dentist office with a clean bill of health. I have only had one cavity in my entire life, which I got about three years ago. You can only imagine my disappointment after that visit. How could it be? I brush at least twice a day, I rinse with Act Restoring mouthwash, and I really try to floss more than just when I eat steak or corn on the cob. My teeth are perfect. They're even straight and I've never had braces! I really believed my dentist knew he'd never make money off of me, so he made the whole cavity thing up. I considered getting a second opinion.

Today's visit took me back to that day three years ago. The dentist walks in, takes a look at my x-rays and says, "Oh look, you have a cavity." Just give me my free toothbrush and leave me alone.

3 comments:

ML said...

I agree with you there. Unfortunately I'm not as diligent as you are about going to the dentist, and I don't even come close to having perfect teeth. I won't even tell you how long I've put off going to the dentist now.

Slade said...

Yowch!

Nay said...

Must be all that sugar you eat!!! Ha!