Saturday, August 1, 2009

I was a hair's breathe away from buying a Steinway & Sons grand piano today. I nearly pulled the trigger until I came to grips with the four zeros behind that $5 and actually scheduling a delivery could result in financial ruin for the G family and the possibility of my sudden disappearance. So I just played some beautiful music on one of the beauties and pretended it was about to be mine (in about 50 years after I've saved enough cash to make the purchase). Afterwards I drowned in my no-Steinway-for-me sorrow alone at the Training Table restaurant located next to the piano store. I didn't feel one bit guilty eating every last cheese fry since I had already exercised extraordinary self control just moments earlier.
*Picture taken by Kati: Noelle after Emily's wedding. This is how I felt after leaving the piano store.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

If I had $50K I'd buy you a Steinway. Start looking on KSL.com, we are in tough economic times. Someone might want to sell theirs for cheap.

TomKat said...

Sissy...next time you need to drown your sorrows, let's go to Spoon me and get a pedicure. Heck, we don't even need to have a reason, let's just go to Spoon Me and get a pedicure for fun.

Aquamama said...

Oh, Bec, I feel your pain. Always something to want!