Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 24 - Always Planning His Escape

JW recently started joining the toddlers in nursery at our church while I attend my classes. He has struggled a little when I drop him off. He gets sad and I often stay with him until he gets comfy, then I sneak out. Today was not any different, except that I didn't stay. One of my favorite people was in the nursery, so she took him and within a minute he seemed content. Meanwhile, I enjoyed my classes.

When church ended I went to pick JW up from the nursery. Unfortunately when I got there, JW was not there. I asked the adult who was there (not the same person who was there when I dropped him off) where he was. She responded by saying, "Who?" as if she had never heard of the kid, so I drew a composite sketch for her. She said, "Oh, he left with So-n-So." After "So-n-So" was nowhere to be found, I sent out a search party. Several minutes later I hear a voice yell from down the hall, "Here he is!" There was JW wandering the halls, all alone, with a giant smile on his face as if to say, "Look mama, I escaped!"

No comments: