Monday, January 21, 2008

Diggin' Out

We took Mom and Randy to Idaho for the long weekend. We knew there was going to be snow, and a lot of it. I had no idea how much until we got there. Easily four feet already on the ground and another 18 inches over the weekend. Everyone we talked to said this is a stellar snow year. Most winters in the last several years haven't received this much snow all year - it's only January!
Couldn't get to the porch...Here's Mr. G plowing a path to the well (other than to relax, the purpose of the trip was to meet the well guy who had to fix some pressure valve because the neighbors, who share the well with us, were getting some crazy knocking noises in their pipes everytime we turned on our water. The neighbors, who said they would be there, didn't bother to show up).The snow on the back deck. Mom and I made ourselves useful and shoveled the deck.Ahh, isn't that nice? We did fine work. The rest of this is hard, crusty ice snow. I'm done shoveling.Mom and Randy strapped on some cross-country skis and took a tour around the island. They were gone forever. Mr. G and I were close to sending a search party in fear they somehow were lost (impossible to do on the island) or even worse, had both had heart attacks somewhere down the road.Me playing in the snow in front of the house. Oh look, here comes Mr. G...POOOOFFFF!! (see that little blue speck near Mr G's head? That's me)I've been totally white washed. Ohhhh, that's cold!There is so much snow down my coat. Did I mention its cold? I'm glad Mr. G was having a good time.Off goes Mr. Funny Guy while I sit wondering what just hit me.




4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had fun playing or should I say laying in the snow. Who snapped those pictures?

Gold-E said...

Mom caught the Vic-attack-Beck pics.

Daniel said...

Holy crap that is funny stuff

Elizabeth R said...

Daniel literally laughed out loud when he saw these pictures. They really are hilarious.