Saturday, January 5, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR ROCK STAR!

We rang in the new year by inviting ourselves to Dan and Ez's, where we partied like it was 1999 with the usual suspects as well as Ez's brother Kevin and several of his buddies. The highlight of the evening (with the exception of the New Year's kiss I got from my old acquaintance when the ball dropped - Mr.G + Mrs. G forever!) was the Rock Band game Dan picked up for Christmas. We formed several bands and really went crazy. Rock and Roll! Ben and Mr. G where our stellar bass and guitarists. As you can see, it took serious concentration to hit all those notes. Occasionally we'd get a swing of the guitar, but still with little expression.

Mr. G had no idea how much he loved push button guitar! Rock star addiction!



I tried my hand at the bass. I must admit, it took getting through a couple of songs to avoid being booed off the stage and losing thousands of fans.


Dan went expert guitarist on Metallica's Enter Sandman, with Mr. G on lead vocals.Here is my true talent - the drums. It's harder than it looks, but I am a natural - 25 years at the piano gives a girl a pretty good sense of beat and coordination (you can't see it here, but my foot is working a petal the same time I'm pounding away). I have to concentrate really hard to get all the notes. All function, no form!

2 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

woo hoo! Go rock star! That was good times.. Im glad we found our star drummer. No one before or since you has had that talent! :)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness it kills me to watch this.