Thursday, June 19, 2008

Charitable Donations Accepted

A few weeks ago while at my piano lesson I commented to my teacher that every time I sat down to her piano I felt like the keyboard was bigger - as if I was playing my scales in another octave or something. She asked what I played - a 6 foot? 7 foot ? I laughed and said, "No, I have an upright." Her response couldn't have been more beautiful. She said, "Oh honey, at your level you should be practicing on a grand..." and gave me some very specific reasons for doing so. Oh thank you! I couldn't agree more. Since I have been bugging G for some time on the topic, I came home and immediately related the news - it is time to upgrade. My professional and most wise concert pianist teacher told me so. Unfortunately, "Pppsssffff! Are you crazy?" and the biggest eye roll in G history was all I got out of that conversation. Now I'm more obsessed then ever with wanting to upgrade to a grand. I am a hair's breath away from selling my soul to the devil to get it. It probably wouldn't be such a big deal if I weren't such a piano snob. Of course I only want what's best for my musical development. Is there something wrong with that? Apparently G thinks so.



So I've decided I'm going to do something about it. I talked to my teacher this week and told her I want to start putting a repertoire together so I can begin capitalizing on my talent, since this is the only way I was ever going to get what I wanted. She couldn't have been more pleased and ready to help. So, all three of my loyal readers, if you know anyone out there who needs a pianist for a special event, say a wedding, party or any occasion, send them my way. With 25 years at the keys, I guarantee nice music. And tell them it's for a good cause - all proceeds go to the GOLD-E Piano Upgrade Fund.

5 comments:

TomKat said...

Alright sissy! I will find some work for you!

(I had a whole other part of this comment that I found to be hilarious, but will tell you in person in case I have to deny ever thinking it later.)

Gold-E said...

Uh Oh. I think I know what you're referring to. Hmm...LOL! Maybe I need to revise my post :D

Lisa said...

I have to think about this, but I'll keep my ears open! Good luck!

Elizabeth R said...

I will watch for some business for you. And when you get widely famous and expensive, I can say you played at my wedding... for free even.

TomKat said...

I read Dan and Liz's comment as "you can play at my wedding...for free even." I was thinking that was quite the statement haha.