Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cabin Lovin'

This weekend was the best cabin weekend yet. The snow is GONE! The weather is WARM! We were even able to sit out on the porch comfortably at night. As I said in a previous post, we took G's parents to the cabin for the weekend. It was nice to have them there and a very relaxing stay. Can I just live there forever?


Chillin' on the porch with the parentals
While we were there, we took a little field trip to Mesa Falls. The Upper and Lower Mesa Falls are the last major falls in Idaho that have not been used for irrigation or hydroelectric projects. At 110 feet and 85 feet, respectively, they offer equally spectacular views in a beautiful forest setting. At Lower Mesa Falls, the Snake River is squeezed into a gorge that drops 65 feet. The glassy waters froth to mist in an even higher 11-story, 114-foot plunge. Simply awesome!

The splash hits the rocks across from the falls to form this ecosystem for foliage that would not otherwise survive in the area.

These pictures do not do it justice. You'll just have to believe me when I say it was beautiful!

Back at the ranch the fellas set up a game of horse shoes. G would always start out looking like the winner, then G Sr. would come back to win.

G would get a ringer, then G Sr. would too!

What's up with the suspenders? Like father like son.


The best part of the weekend was getting the firepit installed and going into the woods so G could use his chainsaw to cut wood. I was all prepared to have smores, but then fell asleep before we could get to it. It's exhausting doing nothing all day, I'll tell ya.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good to see you're lovin' the cabin now that its summer up there. Good job finishing that race. I fear I may look like that if I try to run a 10K anytime soon.