Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm Sure These Pics are Worth More than a Thousand Words

I'm a bit of a blog-tag junkie, so if someone (Elizabeth) tags me, I do it. Here's the latest:

Pictures of Various Things in my House


# 1. The Inside of My Refrigerator:

A loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and a stick of butter. Well, two gallons of milk because G insists on 1% and I drink skim. You'll also find every condiment you could dream of. You might find some fruits and veggies that have not turned to mush...that's if you're lucky.
# 2. The Kitchen Sink:
It's my "duty" to load the dishwasher. As you can see, I'm domestically challenged because the only time the dishwasher gets loaded is when the dishes in the sink become so rancid the house starts to smell like a landfill.

Just kidding! This is my real sink. I go nuts if dirty dishes sit in the sink for too long, so this is a pretty accurate depiction of my sink on most days.

# 3. The Closet

This is my half of the closet. Looking at this picture it is obvious I have too many clothes. This being the case, why is it that I can never find anything to wear? Getting dressed in the morning is always a dramatic breakdown with G responding, "Is it hard being a girl, Pookie?" Yes it is.


# 4. The Toilet
I am realizing how ridiculous this tag is. Why would you want to see my toilet? Well, here it is. Plenty of good reading if you ever need toilet time at my house (Country Living, Rifle Shooter, Cabela's catalogue). This is actually my secondary toilet in the house, as my regular toilet is currently unhooked during the master bathroom remodel that is happening right now (more to come on that in a couple weeks :D).

# 5. Favorite Shoes:

I own many, many, many pairs of shoes (see the closet picture - 80% of those shoes are mine, plus there are more on the floor), but these are probably my favorites since I wear them the most. My running shoes - get me places; my flip flops for the times I'm feeling cool and casual; my hot pink shoes which provide eye-popping reactions from many because they are so bold and out of the box for me. They are so comfortable and surprisingly can be worn with just about anything.


# 6. Laundry Pile



Fortunately today is laundry day and most of it is done. Since I have the best husband ever who religiously finishes the laundry every week, this is what's left. There is a generous pile of towels in the background. We've resorted to owning only nearly-white colored towels. This is because G insists on bleaching everything. Any towel that I own of any color now has lighter spots where the bleach has touched it or is an entirely different color all together (e.g. forest green is now puke green).


# 7. Favorite Room



I think most people expect the bedroom to be one's favorite room. I like my bedroom, good things happen there, but I spend a lot of time in my great room too. It's a nice place to hang out. In the winter it's a scene right out of White Christmas - G and I "light" the fire (by flipping a switch), drink hot chocolate and watch a movie. The couch is great for napping and my table of memories makes me smile every time I walk by.


# 8. Where the Kiddos Are:


A twinkle in my eye...

# 9. Self Portrait

Here I am! Picture taken just for you.


# 10. Where I Would Rather Be:

With my Pookie on the Sea, eating sketchy dogs and bonitsa.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Is this post the reason you couldn't call me back? Nice fridge.

ML said...

I love your hair. It's so cute! You look great. I feel guilty every time I read your blog and see how active you are. Even though I don't just sit around my house, I have pretty much become a slug in the exercise department. We have been trying to ride our bikes more often, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Elizabeth R said...

I am pretty jealous of your closet. And I loved the picture of where the kiddoes are..you kill me. Just wait.. Mexico is just around the corner..hehe.

Aquamama said...

You are sooo funny!

lulu said...

I don't think I would dare to do this tag, but I sure appreciate the people who do.

Slade said...

Luv the pink shoes. ;) I was going to say something about them tonight, but I wondered if you would...well, anyway, I just wondered.