Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Do Something and Do It Right Now

I read an interesting comment on one of my favorite craft blogs. Kathy Mack at Pink Chalk Studio said,

"In 2006 it was time for me to stop thinking about doing. I had a good time reading my own words about selling one thing. Too much planning can lead to crippling inaction. Do something and do it right now. Decide what you want to make and sell one thing before the year’s over. I guarantee it will lead to the next thing. Before you know it you’ll have a whole string of things. When that happens, watch out, you might just have a plan. "

Her words are so basic, yet insightful. This is the best shove I could get right now as I try to put By-Low Baby together. I have found myself literally crippled because I want a "plan" before I launch the site. So ok, this is it. I'm putting something out there today {eek}. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Jody Knapp said...

GOOD LUCK!! You can totally do it! Your stuff is amazing, now go show off that Etsy banner ha ha ha.

Gold-E said...

The banner is the cutest darn thing! Many thanks. You have no idea how much that is going to be shown off when BLB takes off (ba da bum) - I've made all kinds of fun "accessories" from it too - stickers, cards, etc. LOVE IT!

Elizabeth R said...

Thats so funny cause just two nights ago I was on Etsy trying to search for BLB to no avail. I thought it was already launched! So.. yay for you!

Gold-E said...

The site is actually there, it just doesn't have anything on it yet (and it's no longer "today" and I didn't post anything, dang it!). Visit http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5977033. If you search under Sellers it's bylowbabyblankets :D