Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mexican Get-Away

G and I just returned from a much needed week-long trip with my family to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. We had a great time doing a whole lot of pool-side lounging sipping Diet Cokes and eating plate after plate of quacamole, taking the kids down the waterslide, watching Noelle flail solo down the waterslide, boogie boarding, body surfing - where D practically broke his nose and nearly lost half his teeth - swimming in our own private pool, watching Dan take four million really good pictures of everyone and everything (good thing since 65% of my pics turned out blurry...awesome). We were chased by crabs and gigantic spiders. We saw rainbows, dreamy sunsets, Margarito the resident iguana, and a 150 year old turtle emerge from the ocean. We played water volleyball and took part in a grand Fiesta. Dan, Elizabeth, G and I took a day ATVing through Mexican ranches, little towns, cow heards and the jungle. We stopped along the way and while resting watched G get tricked into eating a pepper the size of a pea that was so hot he cried as fire shot from his ears. Eli was told a million times to stop playing with his "peeps," and riding the bus meant certain death to Eli when he exclaimed as we sped off, "We're all going to die!" We ate at the best road-side bbq eatery (for lack of a better word), lost 10 lbs from sweating in the sweltering heat/humidity while strolling through town, played cards late into the night, participated in water aerobics, and what else can I say? It was a good time. See for yourself.

5 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

I dont know what youre talking about.. I think you got some awesome pictures! I had a lot of fun this week.. and I wont forget you getting stuck in the herd..haha.

Daniel said...

Cant wait to do it again!

Lisa said...

I want to go! It all looks so wonderful!

lulu said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very blue sky. I loved the water aerobics. Couldn't manage to get away from the exercise during your vacation?

ML said...

Looks like a fabulous vacation, AND your bathroom is BEAUTIFUL, even in its very earthy, somewhat colorless state. Seeing your fun vacation and your great bathroom makes me feel even more bitter about all the money I'm dumping into tuition. :)