Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bag Lady

I recently finished up a custom quilt set for a customer on By-Low Baby. This was a really fun project. While the pattern is a very simple patch quilt, it turned out so cute with a classic oh-so-soft polka-dot, check and stripe fabric.

I like to add a little special detail to the back of my quilts to give them interest. My customer loved the finished product. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Since BLB momentarily slowed down this week, I started another project for my friend who wanted nothing more than a "cute and sassy" bag for school supplies and laptop. I chose fabrics from Amy Butler's Daisy Chain collection, and used her Swing Bag pattern to create this fun little number.
Of course it's reversible!
My sissy wants one too, so I'm going to use some fabrics I bought awhile back to make this too-hard-to make-again bag. This funky lovey fabric is also from Amy Butler {yes, I'm having an affair with Amy Butler fabrics, can you tell?} . LOVE. IT.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My birthday is in March.... just so you know! :)

Rachel said...

Oo Oo.. I can't wait until you come and bring me something sunny and cheery so I can share some of my cheery sunshine with you.

5ofus said...

You are so talented!!!!!!! Could you try sharing some of your talents? I can make the felted bags but then that's as far as I go. It would be so fun to do a girls weekend & have you teach us some of your fun projects & eat yummy foods & watch movies while we worked on projects. I think we should totally plan it!