Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Night Date Night

Friday nights are our designated date nights. We have a couple standard date-night options that include (are you ready for this excitement?):

1. Go to Cafe Rio and order steak and chicken salads. If we're lucky we get a "free meal." Afterwhich we drive across the parking lot to the Costco where we fill the car with cheap gas then cruise around the warehouse looking for the next big find, like a memory foam mattress topper (perfect for the 10 yr. old sunken mattress at the cabin!)

OR

2. Go to the Costco, where we fill the car with cheap gas, then enter Costco le restaurante for a piece of pizza, churro and a smoothie for $3.00. Afterwards we cruise around the warehouse looking for the next big find, like another 500 piece tool set (hear Mr G: "This one is different. It's in metrics.").

Unfortunately, Mr. G has caught the croop that seems to be going around. Bonus for me - his sickness has brought on a Barry White-sexy deep voice....Needless to say, the croop put a little damper on date night tonight, so I decided to go by myself. I headed to the Costco, but I didn't stop to fill the car with gas - it just isn't the same unless Mr. G does it. I cruised around the warehouse where I bought some fun new towels to match my new guest bath shower curtain, a giant bag of frozen strawberries and 10 lbs of chicken. None of this is quite like a new metrics tool set. Then I cruised across the parking lot to the Cafe Rio where I waited for 25 minutes for steak and chicken salads - to go (and no "free meal"). When I got home, Mr. G was burried in bed, in his fat Carhart sweatshirt, hoodie and all, wrapped in a down comforter and quilt. Poor guy was freezing. So I pulled out a couple of cookie sheets to use as dinner trays and we had Cafe Rio date night together in our bed.

3 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Aww that sounds like a good time... Did you watch Real Time with Bill Maher? Vic told me that was his ideal date.. cafe rio and real time.. ha ha. Our date night is Sat nights, and tomorrow Im getting ditched for poker night with the boys. Lame.

lulu said...

Sounds exciting. I love Costco, le restaurante! One of our choices too! Thanks for your comments.

Lisa said...

I think it sounds.... like our date nights! Isn't it amazing how you can just do anything as long as you are together and it counts as a date? Great times!