Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Vitamin D and a Spoonful of Shuga

I feel like the luckiest auntie (or "tanty" as Noelle says it) to have a neice THIS CUTE! I was so fortunate to get another last minute "special fare" and fly down to sunny AZ to hang out for the weekend with my sissy, Boo and the Jelly. This was perfect timing for the funk o'rama. All I needed was a little vitamin D (read: warm sunshine) and a spoonful of shuga (read: the Jelly) to feel a little rejuvinated again.
We had a great time playing in the backyard (in the sun :D), blowing bubbles and just hanging out. While Boo was working his brains out, the three of us drove to the Mesa area to explore the rich culture of AZ. More specifically, Cortate Furniture and Designer Blvd.

I think Designer Blvd is a figment of Rachel's imagination. The first time we plugged the address into the navigator we were led to an open field. Rach tried again by changing the city (since Higley Rd. drives through three different cities) and we were led to the corner of nothing. And upon one more try still nothing, just two irritated women and a crazy baby.

Cortate Furniture on the other hand was a little more interesting. It is a giant tuff shed warehouse that sells furniture from catalogues. You don't really know what you're going to get since your just looking at pictures, but you're guaranteed a great price. You save on the shipping, meaning you have to go pick up your order - they do not ship it to you. Rach kept trying to get me to look through the furniture books. I could only imagine myself finding a really great bedroom set at a great price and while in a moment of excitement I would pull out my American Express card and suddenly I'd find myself committed to a purchase, kind of like my IKEA experience in Boston (a blog for a rainy day), but on a much grander scale. Only problem is I would either have to PAY to ship it home or I'd have to rent a moving van to schelp it to another state! So much for the good deal. I successfully resisted, though I think the warehouse-catalogue store concept is a great one. Rach and I dreamt up our business plan for launching our own Cortate Furniture business. It would be a great success, just like all our dreamt up businesses.

mmm....Love her.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are some great pics Sissy. Thanks for coming to visit.

Becca and Billy said...

That picture of her with the bubbles is darling!

TomKat said...

She is pretty much the cutest thing ever! ...so my kids will have a 4th of those genes, lets hope they are that cute! :) ps. I'm super jealous you went without me!

Aquamama said...

She is such a dollie! Looks like a nice visit! I can't wait for a little sunshine!