Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 5 - What Did You Get in the Mail Today?

I love getting mail. I'm not talking about the mail from people who want money and all the junk. I want the real deal. Send me a letter through the post and you will light up my life for days. I love when a mail order gets to me too. I always wait in anticipation, like I did for this fabric that got to me today. Here's why...

I made a blanket for my niece, Sydney, when she was born. It has become her blanket, THE BLANKET, I'm talking when said blanket is put in the wash, the red phone lights up at the White House type of crisis. I can not tell you how much this makes me happy, that something I gave her she can't live without. Unfortunately, the blanket does need to be washed from time to time and there is no substitute. So my sister and I came up with a brilliant plan: I will make her another blanket, just like her favorite one. Oh it's hard to be so smart all the time! Hopefully our little trick works...

The hard part of this was finding the same fabric I used to make the original blanket. After much online searching I found the two fabrics at two different shops. This is major because this line of fabrics is over two years old and has been discontinued. I have been waiting for the fabric to get here and lo and behold, both fabrics arrived today. Yay! No...wait....Not yay. That's not what I ordered! The cherries are perfect, but do you see that flowery print? It's all wrong. Not even the same designer. I can't trick a 2 yr old with that! Junk mail! Here's what it was supposed to be:

I will try to look on the bright side. When the fabric store remedies the error, at least I'll have some more fun mail to look forward to!!


What did you get in the mail today? Something fun or mostly junk?

No comments: