Sunday, November 16, 2008

Memory Lane

I recently invited myself over to my brother's house so he could burn some pictures he had taken recently to a disc for me. While he was in his picture files, I noticed he had pictures from many, many years ago, like pre-digital age. I want to post all 500 of them here because they're that much fun, but instead I'll just show a few random favorites:This is one of my all-time favs. This is G and I while we were dating. We took a trip to Mexico with my family and this picture was taken in the airport. Poor guy caught a Mexican bug and came home really sick. I'm surprised he married me after this trip. This is from that same Mexico trip as mentioned above. Here's my mom, sissy and me. My sissy reserved the Yacht Sylvester, with Captain Richard and his crew Jose. We went snorkeling, where most of the family was stung by millions of baby jellyfish, and fishing, where the only fish caught was a giant garbage fish. Everyone was pretty sea sick too. It was fun.
Here's John and Josh at my wedding. Yes, John is wearing my garter and Josh is embarrassed for him.This is about as a good a family picture as we can muster. I think this was taken when we were having a farewell party for my bro who thought he wanted to move to Florida. He drove there, decided he didn't like it and turned around and came home. Or wait, was this our farewell party for someone else?
Here's G and I again many years later. Isn't he so cute? He's funny too.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are some funny times. I recall all but one. Yes that picture describes our family pretty well. It was for Ben's trek across the US. Look how young we all look - except Dad who doesn't really seem to change all that much.

Daniel said...

I am a big fan of Boo's hand in that one