Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Come Monday It Will Be Alright

G and I spent the weekend in Las Vegas celebrating the life of my step-brother Paul. Up until this point his passing hadn't really hit me. It wasn't until actually seeing him that it all became real. Well, even then it was unreal. My emotions during the weekend flew in many directions - the circumstances which we were all gathered were sad, but the company of my family brought tremendous piece and joy.

Here are a few random moments and thoughts I had while with my family this weekend. These won't make sense to some of my readers, but for the rest of you, here's to celebrating life:
  • They drove 100 miles in the wrong direction and still managed to make it, family unit in tact.

  • Background music: Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hits.

  • I'm doing what with Debussy?

  • Happy Birthday D, even if it took all day and an invitation to your birthday dinner to remember.
  • C'mon, let's chicken fight!

  • That was his favorite jersey and he always wore that darn hat. Anyone want that mask?

  • The cowboy hat was perfect. "You can take the boy out of Wyoming, but you can't take Wyoming out of the boy."

  • There's another family who loved him. "They" might not know it or want to recognize it, but we are here and we will forever remember the good times and forget the bad. He was a good man, with a lot of heart and good intentions.

4 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

It was a good weekend and good thoughts. And even if you looked like a pinch hitter to everyone else.. we all know you came prepared a pro for that... entrance music? (Im not sure what its name is) :) Youre awesome, and you make a great chicken fighter too!

Rachel said...

I can't wait to post some chicken fight videos. I think I'll work on that right now. Who cares if we're a bunch of nobodies.

Daniel said...

There just wasnt enough time to get that musical number in with the other 3 violin numers added. We have time restraints here poeple(says the woman who waited 3 weeks to bury her son)

Nay said...

I just love you guys - great thoughts and a whole lot of love. I proud to be your mom - all of you! "We are fam-i-ly.....da da da da dada and me!"