Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dinner Rolls: A Two Part Series

PART I
They say practice makes perfect. This is now my 4th attempt at making these "no-fail" dinner rolls. I always get to this point - everything is beautiful - rising perfectly (this used to be a major issue, but I've learned that one must "proof" the yeast - now they rise every time!). It's not until I put them in the oven when without fail the bottom of my rolls come out BURNED. This time I will try my mother-in-law's suggestions of turning down the oven temperature a few degrees and raising the rack a level. I've also transferred to my stone baking sheets instead of my old metal junkers.



In part II of this series, you will see the results. Will these roll bottoms be black? Stay tuned to find out.

PART II

VOILA! Success! I changed three factors: lowered the oven temperature, raised the oven rack and thank you Pampered Chef for the baking stones. The word from G, "MMMMMMM! Dang baby, those are good!" That means after four attempts (just with this recipe) I've finally reached perfection.Plus, I made some strawberry freezer jam to go with them (but it's bottled in glass jars, so don't actually freeze it, just eat it) Anyone want a jar?

I have officially fulfilled my domestic duties for the day.

5 comments:

Nay said...

I'll take a jar for Randola.... what's gotten into you?

Rachel said...

I want some jam. Could you just pop that in the mail for me?

TomKat said...

Those rolls were delicious! Yum! :)

Daniel said...

Strawberry fridge jam for me...oh and you could throw in some of those rolls too if you want :)

Elizabeth R said...

That jam sure was delicious! The PB&J sandwiches were enjoyed! Thanks for dropping by last night!