Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's For Dinner?

It's been a year since I first met with my personal trainer who changed my life forever. I wasn't overweight (or at least that's what everyone says), but I did manage to loose a good 15lbs - 20lbs all because of an enhanced workout and commitment to my nutrition plan (I'll never call it a diet).

During this time I've had dozens of people who want to trim down ask me what I eat. Since G asks me every day "What's for dinner?" and so many of you want to know, I am going to start a new segment on my blog. This is dedicated to all of you who need simple, generally healthy meals to get you on track to the trim life. I am the epitome of quick and easy, so don't freak out when I say "open a can of [insert veggie here]." If you want to go fresh, by all means, have at it. Fresh is always best. And, if the simple meals are a bore, there are plenty of ways for you to mix things up. You'll get the idea - just be creative.

So, let tonight be my first What's For Dinner menu:


Salmon Delight

What you need:

Salmon fillets (4oz each)

Lemon juice and spices

Green salad fixings

Can of green beans

What to do:
Lightly spray a Pyrex pan with olive oil. Lay a couple salmon fillets (4 oz each) skin side down in the Pyrex. Drizzle each fillet with a little butter, fresh lemon juice, a dash of dill, paprika, salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes, or until flaky, at 375 degrees. While the fish is cooking, toss up a simple fresh green salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, carrots, green onion and just a little cheese on top, if you desire (the doc says a girl needs some Vitamin D). Add a few croutons, if you must, and a squirt of your favorite lite dressing. Open a can of green beans, season with a little salt and pepper and heat. By now the Salmon should be done. Serve it up.
Now, wasn't that easy? And it tastes great - eet smakelijk! Let me know how it goes.

5 comments:

TomKat said...

Not only is she a runner, she's a cindy crawford too :) (hopefully you remember that joke or I will feel a little stupid)

Elizabeth R said...

Thanks.. Im looking forward to this segment. Now if I could only get Daniel to eat salmon...

Lisa said...

I love that you doing this! I always need new ideas!

Aquamama said...

Oooooh I love this! I'm going grocery shoppign tonight and I'm going to try this. Think I can get my Mac and Cheese Kids on board?

Sarah said...

I LOVE it! Always open for more healthy ideas, I also need easy!
PS you are my Hero! I hope to work up to a 1/2 Marathon...