Saturday, April 5, 2008

Countdown to April 19, 2008


Today was a primer for our upcoming half marathon (just two weeks to go!!). We ran a 10 miler race, which started at the gates of East Canyon, up hill for two miles and then downhill through Emigration Canyon for the last eight miles, ending at This Is The Place Monument. I was so proud of G - he's hardly trained for long distances and he kept up with me great (move aside humility, here comes pride). Our time: 1: 27:40. This beats my former 10 mile record by three minutes. Cheers...do I hear cheers? :D

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm cheering Sissy!

Sarah said...

I'll see you on the 19th. I am running the 5K and my kids are doing the Kids Marathon...

lulu said...

I've been catching up on your blog. Happy Anniversary! And you totally had me fooled with your April Fools joke. All I could think of was, "at least they'll be close to Ed and Dede Plummer." He works for American Express too!
I am excited for your half marathon. It sounds like you'll breeze right through.

TomKat said...

Sissy you're a rockstar! You'll be waiting for me at the finish line next week :)

Gold-E said...

Ha ha! I doubt that, Flash Gordon!

Elizabeth R said...

Ok Im cheering, but I would appreciate it if you wouldnt't use that picture of me running on your blog. Thanks.

Aquamama said...

GO Bec GO! Maybe one day I'll get off my butt and get myself back into shape! You are definately encouraging!