Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Pookie!


Today is my 6th wedding anniversary. March 30. I remember the day so vividly. It was a beautiful spring day, the warmest it had been in six months. We had our ceremony at 7 a.m. Either we were crazy, or wanted to know who our true friends were. While I wish I could remember even one word the sealer said, I don't. I just remember a room full of people who loved and supported us. I also remember that Nicole's temple recommend had expired and the temple people weren't going to let her in. Luckily my bishop (who was also Nicole's bishop) was on hand to convince them she was "worthy." We had a lovely luncheon with lots of friends and family mingling. I don't regret a thing about that day, except that I forgot to schedule the Dutch dance. I really screwed up TRADITION!!! Oh well, G didn't know any better and the day went off without a hitch otherwise.
For our anniversary we went up to the cabin, just the two of us. It was a lovely weekend. Very quiet and nice to be in each other's company.
Six things I love about G:
1. He is the smartest guy I know. An encyclopedia. A freak of nature. Ask him anything and he knows the answer (unless he's watching t.v., then he doesn't know anything)
2. He tickles my arm on demand. This took some training, but now he just knows when I need an arm tickle.
3. He does all the laundry every week. I think he might even enjoy it. He learned early on not to dry everything on high (see # 1 above).
4. He can play a wicked game of ping-pong and he is teaching me some of his tricks so that someday I can beat him. He loves me so much that he doesn't always keep score so I don't have to lose every time we play.
5. He has an appreciation for all things utilitarian. Some times this can be maddening, but generally it is a good reminder to me not to be frivolous.
6. He reminds me often how much he loves me.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Rachel said...

That's tender.

Sarah said...

Congrats!! Love is a wonderful thing!

Aquamama said...

Ohhh, Happy Anniversary!