Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jack be Thimble

I started this quilt in October for my dear friend's new baby, Olivia. I made great head-way on the project until a major fabric debacle prompted a serious loss in motivation, leaving quilt squares sitting idle ever since. Baby Olivia was being blessed in church today, so I decided this was a good opportunity to get the quilt finished. I spent the better part of Saturday sewing and hand quilting (so Amish, but so worth it) to get 'er done. At 2:30 A.M. this morning I finished with quilting and after ditching 2/3s of my church meetings today got it bound and washed in time for the afterparty. Though the pattern is not what I had originally planned, I am quite happy with the final product. HJ loved it and I hope baby Olivia has many cozy days wrapped up in her quilt.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You are AMAZING! That quilt is truly a work of art!

Amy said...

that is beautiful! I've done a few myself to be able to appreciate the amount of work that went into. Lucky Olivia. Machine or hand stiched?

Gold-E said...

The quilt top was sewn together by machine. The quilting and binding is by hand - needle and thread :D

Lisa said...

I WANT ONE! If I tell you the next time I'm prego will that give you enough time? Ha ha! Great job, it looks fantastic!

Becca and Billy said...

Its way cute! I wish I had that kind of talent!

lulu said...

beautiful. Much impressed!

Nay said...

Awesome, daughter! I just love the colors, and she'll always know it's a real gift from the heart.